Rai Mirchi (or green chilli pickle with mustard seed paste) is a traditional, popular and easy to make Rajasthani recipe. Typically served with pachadi, raita and rotis.
Green Chillies – 20
Mustard Seeds – 4 tsp
Saunf – 4 tsp
Juice of 2 Lemons
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Dry roast the mustard seeds and saunf for a minute or two.
2. Remove, cool and grind them to a powder.
3. Add salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida powder and mix well.
4. Add the lemon juice and mix.
5. Cut the green chillies, lengthwise, without cutting through.
6. Add this to the mixture and stuff it fully.
7. Keep aside for 48 hours.
8. Use as required.