Whole milk – 4 cups
Sugar – 3 cups
Cardamom – a pinch, powdered
Saffron – 1 tsp
Grated coconut or Powdered almonds
1. Prepare 8 rasgullas.
2. Allow them to soak in sugar syrup for 24 hours and then drain.
Making the frosting:
1. To prepare the khoa, boil 4 cups of whole milk. Add sugar to it along with powdered saffron and a pinch of cardamom. The milk first becomes creamy and eventually a lump of khoa is formed. Take out the lump and use this frosting to coat the rasgullas.
2. Next, roll the rasgullas in grated coconut or powdered almonds
3. Refrigerate for a couple of hours.
4. Raskadambas are ready to eat.