Besan flour – 250 gms
Bicarbonate soda – a pinch
Powdered rice – 50 gms
Water – 1 1/2 cup
Oil – 1 1/2 cup, for deep frying
Sugar – 4 cups
Water – 4 cups, for making the syrup
1. Add 4 cups of sugar and water in a pan and heat. Make it boil and simmer till a medium consistency is reached.
2. Take the syrup off the fire and allow it to cool.
3. Next, mix the besan and 1 1/2 cup of water. Also, mix the powdered rice and the bicarbonate together.
4. Take oil in a deep pan and once it is hot enough, pour the besan mixture through a strainer. Keep frying till the mixture turns crisp.
5. Remove the crispies and drain out the excess oil from it on a paper.
6. While the crispies remain warm, pour in the prepared syrup.
7. This process should be continued till the besan mixture is finished.
8. Once the bonde is soaked in the syrup, remove with a slotted spoon and place it on a flat dish to serve.