Spaghetti (or Tagliatelle) – 200 gms
Green Peas – 250 gms, shelled
Mint Leaves – handful
Garlic – 1 clove
Walnuts – 3 tsp + 1 tsp, chopped, toasted
Parmesan Cheese – 2 tblsp, grated
Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Cook the pasta in a pan of salted water for 5 minutes or until al dente.
2. Grind together the peas, mint leaves, garlic, 3 tsp walnuts to a paste.
3. Add the cheese and olive oil. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
5. Drain the pasta and reserve 1/4 cup of the water.
6. Add the pasta to the pesto and the reserved water.
7. Mix well.
8. Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and garnish with mint leaves.
Tip: If desired, add 1 or 2 tsp of peas to the pesto before mixing it with the pasta.