Broken cashewnuts – 1 1/2 cups
Sugar – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Cooking soda – a pinch
1. Break cashewnuts into big pieces.
2. Dry roast little at a time in a hot pan without discolouring it or keep it in a pre-heated oven (100C) for 10 to 15 minutes till it becomes crisp.
3. Heat sugar and ghee together in a heavy, frying pan.
4. Reduce flame and stir just once or twice till sugar is melted completely.
5. Remove from fire and quickly mix nuts and cooking soda.
6. Apply ghee to rolling pin and on top of a thick plastic sheet.
7. Pour nut mixture on top of the sheet and quickly roll it with rolling pin.
8. Cut into pieces when it is still warm.