Kahwa tea is a traditional drink of Kashmir. It is made with green tea, cardamom, cinnamon and saffron. Garnished with coarsely powdered almonds, it is best served hot.
Green Tea Powder – 2 tsp
Almonds – 15, coarsely powdered
Cardamoms – 5 to 6
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Saffron Strands – a pinch
Water – 6 cups
1. Grind together the green tea powder, cardamoms and cinnamon to a coarse powder.
2. Boil the water over medium flame.
3. Add the ground green tea mixture and stir gently.
4. Add saffron strands and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes over low flame.
5. Strain this mixture into a tea pot (or any serving jug).
6. Add sugar and stir well.
7. Garnish with almonds and serve at once.