An easy to make and simple South Indian poriyal dish with prawns and drumstick leaves.
Prawns – 200 gms, cleaned, washed, deveined
Drumstick Leaves – 2 cups
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 30, sliced
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Oil – 1/4 cup
Coconut – 2 to 3 tblsp, grated
Salt as per taste
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the red chillies for a minute.
3. Add the onions and saute well.
4. Add the prawns and stir well.
5. After a minute add the drumstick leaves and enough salt.
6. Mix well.
7. Add turmeric power and enough water.
8. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes over medium flame.
9. Stir once or twice occasionally.
10. When the prawns are cooked, add the grated coconut.
11. Stir and remove from flame.