Jackfruit – 6 to 10, chopped, seeds removed
Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 to 1 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup, powdered
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts – few, fried in ghee
1. Cook the rice with 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk in a pressure pan.
2. When the rice turns soft, add the jackfruit pieces and remaining water.
3. Cook till the jackfruit turns soft.
4. Mash all the ingredients well till light mushy.
5. Reduce flame and add jaggery.
6. Stir and cook till the jaggery has dissolved fully.
7. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
8. When the mixture starts to thicken and reaches a payasam consistency, remove from flame.
9. Add the remaining milk and mix well.
10. Garnish with fried cashewnuts.
Jack Fruit Payasam Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Jack Fruit Payasam Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.