Jackfruit – 6 to 10, chopped, seeds removed
Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 to 1 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup, powdered
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts – few, fried in ghee
1. Cook the rice with 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk in a pressure pan.
2. When the rice turns soft, add the jackfruit pieces and remaining water.
3. Cook till the jackfruit turns soft.
4. Mash all the ingredients well till light mushy.
5. Reduce flame and add jaggery.
6. Stir and cook till the jaggery has dissolved fully.
7. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
8. When the mixture starts to thicken and reaches a payasam consistency, remove from flame.
9. Add the remaining milk and mix well.
10. Garnish with fried cashewnuts.
Jack Fruit Payasam Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- A Teenager’s Nutritional Needs When a kid is making their way into the league of teens along with attaining a sense of liberty he or she will grow...
- 6 Health Benefits of Paneer The best and most common cheese of India, paneer was first used in the Middle East. It was introduced in the Indian Cuisine...
- The Significance Of Carbohydrates Carbohydrates play a significant role in sustaining the metabolism of a human body and enable them to execute their day...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Jack Fruit Payasam Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.