Jackfruit – 6 to 10, chopped, seeds removed
Rice – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 to 1 1/4 cup
Milk – 1/2 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup, powdered
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cashewnuts – few, fried in ghee
1. Cook the rice with 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 cup of milk in a pressure pan.
2. When the rice turns soft, add the jackfruit pieces and remaining water.
3. Cook till the jackfruit turns soft.
4. Mash all the ingredients well till light mushy.
5. Reduce flame and add jaggery.
6. Stir and cook till the jaggery has dissolved fully.
7. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
8. When the mixture starts to thicken and reaches a payasam consistency, remove from flame.
9. Add the remaining milk and mix well.
10. Garnish with fried cashewnuts.
Jack Fruit Payasam Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Jack Fruit Payasam from Awesome Cuisine.