Chick peas (Kabuli chana) – 200 gm
Dried mushrooms – 1/2 cup
Olive oil – 2 Tbsp
Garlic – 4 cloves, crushed
Onion – 3/4 cup, chopped
Garlic – 4 cloves
Tomato – 1/2 cup, chopped
Water/stock – 3 cup
Salt – to taste
Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tsp or to taste
Lettuce leaves – 1/2 cup, shredded
1. Soak chick peas in water over night.
2. Wash the mushrooms well and soak in 1 cup of hot water.
3. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker. Fry garlic and onion till fragrant.
Add tomato and chick peas, drained from soaking water.
4. Pressure cook for 15 minutes. When the pressure drops, open the cooker, cool the contents and blend till smooth.
5. Drain the mushrooms and add the water to the blended soup. Discard the stalks and chop the caps of mushrooms finely and add them to the soup.
6. Heat thoroughly and serve garnished with shredded lettuce.