A quick, healthy and delicious dish that can be served on its own or with rice. Perfect weekday dinner or weekend lunch.
Tofu – 150 gms, cubed
Onion – 1, small, sliced
Carrot – 1, sliced
Cauliflower or Broccoli – 1/4 cup, chopped
Capsicum – 1/2 large (or 1 small), sliced
Zucchini – 1, small, sliced (optional)
Green Peas (or Broad Beans) – 1/4 cup, shelled
Soy Sauce – 3 tsp
Sweet Chilli Sauce – 3 tsp
Water – 1/4 cup
Oil – 1 1/2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, to garnish
1. Heat 1/2 tblsp of oil in a frying pan.
2. Saute the tofu pieces for a minute or until golden.
3. Remove and keep aside in a warm place.
4. To the same pan, add the remaining 1 tblsp oil.
5. Stir-fry the onions and carrots for a minute.
6. Add the cauliflower, capsicum and saute for another minute.
7. Add the zucchini (if using) and peas.
8. Mix the soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce with 1/4 cup of water.
9. Add this to the pan with the tofu.
10. Stir well and cook for a minute.
11. Transfer to a serving bowl.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with rice.
Tip: You can also garnish with toasted cashew nuts if desired.