Salt – 1/2 tsp (or to taste)
Oil – 1/2 tsp
1 cup fine Rice flour and some extra for rolling
1. Add salt and oil to 1 1/2 cups water in a pan and bring to boil over high heat.
2. Lower heat and add rice flour whisking continuously to avoid lumps. Cook for 7-8 minutes, till all the water is absorbed.
3. Remove from heat and set aside till cool enough to handle.
4. Knead well without adding more water to make a soft, pliable dough.
5. Divide dough into small balls. Sprinkle with rice flour and roll out into think 5 inch round discs. Trim edges with a cutter.
6. Heat a tawa over moderate heat. Place a pathiri on tawa and cook both sides till it puffs up like a phulka.
7. Remove from heat and serve.