Maida – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Ghee – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Cashew nuts – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Colour and Essence – as desired
1. Heat ghee in a frying pan till it melts.
2. Fry chopped cashews in the ghee till golden. Remove the cashews alone and keep it aside.
3. In remaining ghee, fry maida for few minutes in reduced flame till good aroma comes from the flour.
4. Remove from fire and mix sugar, water to the flour stirring well without forming lumps.
5. Keep it back on fire and stir constantly till halwa consistency is reached.
6. Add colour and essence, just before removing from fire.
7. Pour on a greased tray and garnish with nuts.
8. Allow it to cool and cut into pieces.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !