A simple, light and delicious Vietnamese style salad with carrots and bean sprouts.
Carrot – 1, large, peeled, finely sliced
Bean Sprouts – 2 cups
Spring Onions – 4 to 5, finely chopped
White Vinegar – 1/3 cup
Sugar – 1/3 cup
Salt as per taste
Green and Red Chillies – 4 to 5, deseeded, sliced
Coriander Leaves – handful
Lemon Juice as required
1. Combine the vinegar, salt and sugar in a bowl.
2. Add 1 cup of cold water and stir until sugar has fully dissolved.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients in an another bowl.
4. Pour the vinegar mixture on top and keep aside for 60 minutes.
5. Drain well and transfer to a serving plate.
6. Serve at once.