Basil leaves – 3/4 cup (washed, dried and deep fried; roughly chopped half the leaves)
Chicken – 2 cups or 450 gms (shredded)
Oil for frying
Madras onions (chopped) – 1/2 cup
Garlic – 5 flakes, chopped
Green chillies – 5, chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tbsp, grated
Bell peppers – 1/2 cup, crushed
Broccoli florets – 1/2 cup, blanched
Salt and pepper – to taste
1. Heat the oil and add the onions and garlic and saute till medium brown.
2. Add thec hillies, ginger and bell peppers and saute.
3. Add the chopped basil and the shredded chicken, stir fry for three minutes.
4. Add the broccoli florets and seasoning and mix well.
5. Transfer to serving bowl and top with the rest of the basil leaves.