1 1/2 cups Rice flour
1 1/2 cups Powdered jaggery
1/2 cup Coconut gratings
1/2 cup Water
a pinch of Salt
a pinch of Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cardamom powder
1 tbsp chopped and fined Cashew nuts
1. Dry roast rice flour on medium heat till lightly fried. Remove from fire, pour on a plate to cool.
2. Set water to boil with salt and turmeric powder till it gets warm. Sprinkle this on the rice flour and mix the flour with the tips of your finger lightly. The resultant powder should be like bread crumbs. If you find lumps, you can sieve it using a “rava” sieve.
3. Take a clean muslin cloth the size of a large hand kerchief. Keep the rice flour in the middle and tie up the four ends loosely. Keep thin bundle inside a vessel or a preforated plate. Keep this in a pressure cooker for 8-10 minutes without weight.
4. When done, remove the flour from the cloth and put it on a plate and crumble again if there are any lumps or sieve.
5. To the sieveal flour add coconut gratins and cardamom powder. And transfer the flour to a broad vessel.
6. Boil 1/2 cup of water, add jaggery and cook till dissolved. Remove from fire, strain to remove grit. Put back the syrup in a clean vessel and boil till you get a three thread consistency.
7. Remove syrup from fire, pour onto the flour mixing all the while, taking flour from all sides.
8. When all the syrup has been used up the flour and syrup should have mixed properly and formed a homogenous mass. Add properly fried cashew nuts and mix once again.
Serve hot or cold.
Three thread consistency – When tested between thumb and forefinger, a string is formed in 2-3 places