Manathakkali Kai – 50 gms
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Ginger – a small piece
Green Chilli – 1 to 2, small
Coconut – 1 tsp, grated
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida Powder – a small pinch
Coriander Leaves – few
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – 1/2 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 tsp, slightly thick
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the manathakkali kai, urad dal, green chillies and ginger for a minute or two.
3. Add salt, tamarind extract, coriander leaves, curry leaves and coconut.
4. Grind together to a fine paste.
5. Serve with rice, dosa or idli.
Tip: If the chutney is slightly bitter, add a pinch of sugar.