Coconut and Rice Kheer
1 small cup Basmati Rice
1 litre Milk
1 small cup Sugar
Dry Fruits – Kaju , Badam , Kismis
1 tablespoon Ghee
Grated Dry Coconut ( Khobra ) ½ Cup
1. Pour 1 Litre Milk in Pressure Cooker and add 1 small cup of Basmati Rice .
2. Keep the Pressure Cooker on High Flame till 6 whistles ( Note : – Keep a small steel cup inverted on the whistle as the milk might blow out of the Whistle )
3. Simultaneously ; heat ghee lightly and fry dry fruits ( Kaju , Kismis , badam ) in it lightly and keep aside & Grind Elaichi and make into powder and keep aside .
4. Off the Gas & Then allow the cooker to cool.
5. Open the Cooker lid and add sugar.
6. Then add the elaichi and the dry fruits already prepared .
7. Add grated dry coconut ( khobra ) and serve hot .
Serves: 10 helpings
Time required: 1/2 hr.
Shelf life: Can be heated and used till dish is available .