Chicken (cut into pieces) – 750gms
Cashewnuts – 250gms
Onions (chopped) – 250gms
Tomatoes (chopped) – 200gms
Poppy seeds – 150gms
Ginger-Garlic paste – 20gm
Red chilli paste – 20gms
Coriander leaves (chopped) – a few sprigs
Milk – 100ml
Garam masala and salt – to taste
Oil – 150 ml
1. Grind cashewnuts and poppy seeds to a fine paste with milk.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute.
4. Add tomatoes and red chilli paste and cook.
5. Add the cashewnut and poppy seeds paste and cook till the gravy leaves the oil.
6. Add salt.
7. Add the chicken to the gravy and cook till done.
8. Add garam masala and fresh coriander leaves, before serving.