Maida – 1 cup
Vanaspathi – 2 tblsp
Cooking soda – a pinch
Salt – 3/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
White sesame seeds – 1 1/2 tsp
1. Rub vanaspati with a pinch of soda on a flat plate till it becomes frothy.
2. Add maida, salt, chilli powder and mix well with hands till vanaspathi blends with the flour.
3. Mix in sesame seeds. Sprinkle water and knead like chappathi dough.
4. Divide into 4 balls.
5. Roll it out like a thin chappathi. Prick with a fork on top.
6. Cut into small squares with a sharp knife.
7. Deep fry in hot oil till crisp and golden.
Store it in air tight container.