Zucchinis are like cucumbers and very healthy. They are easily available in most major supermarkets or in the neighbourhood markets. This Zucchini Thuvaiyal (Zucchini Thogayal) is easy to make and is best served with hot rice and ghee.
Zucchini – 2 cups, chopped
Urad Dal – 3 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Curry Leaves – few
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Tamarind – a small lemon sized ball or as required, seedless
Oil as required
1. Heat little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Saute the zucchini pieces for a minute or two.
3. Remove and combine this with salt, tamarind, urad dal, red chillies and curry leaves.
4. Grind together to a fine paste.
5. Fry mustard seeds in little oil and pour over the thuvaiyal.
6. Serve with ghee and hot rice.