Mixed diced vegetables – 3 cups
(potatoes, carrots, turnip, peas, chowchow, beans etc)
Kashmiri Chilly powder – 1 cup
Grated onions – 1/2 cup
Butter and ghee – for frying
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Saffron (heated and powdered) – a pinch
Whipped curds – 1 1/2 cups
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon, clove, cardamom – few in each
Grind together using milk:
Blanced almonds – 10
Cashewnuts – 10
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
1. Steam cook diced vegetables in pressure cooker.
2. Heat butter, ghee in a frying pan and add garam masala spices, grated onions, ginger garlic paste.
3. Fry till golden brown, add chilli powder, whipped thick curds and salt.
4. Stir in medium flame till ghee floats on top.
5. Add ground paste, cooked vegetables with enough water.
6. Cook till kurma becomes thick.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !