1/2 cup regular rice
1/2 cup parboiled rice
2 tbsp urad dal
1 tbsp tuvar dal
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
1 tsp salt (to taste)
oil for shallow frying
1. Combine all ingredients except salt and oil in a large container. Add 2 cups water and set aside to soak for 2 hours.
2. Drain and grind to make a coarse batter, gradually adding 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups water.
3. Mix in salt and set aside to ferment for 8-10 hours.
4. Add a little water if necessary to make a thick batter of pouring consistency.
5. Prepare tawa and cook like a dosai.
6. Serve hot with dosai milaga podi or with coconut chutney.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !