Thambittu (Roasted Gram and Jaggery Laddu) is a popular and traditional Karnataka sweet made during festivals or special occasions.
Roasted Gram Powder – 2 cups
Ghee – 1 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Coconut – 1/2 cup, grated
Sesame Seeds – 3 tsp
Gasa Gasa (Khus Khus) – 2 tblsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Dry roast the grated coconut, sesame seeds and gasa gasa, separately, in a pan.
2. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
3. Add the jaggery and stir well until fully dissolved.
4. Switch off the flame.
5. Add the gasa gasa, coconut, roasted gram powder, cardamom powder, sesame seeds and mix well.
6. When it is cool enough to handle, make small balls of the mixture and keep aside to cool.
7. Store in an airtight container.