A spicy and tangy delicious biryani with rajma (red kidney beans). Ideal for lunch or dinner. Serve with raita.
Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 1 1/2 cups
Basmati Rice – 1 cup
Tomato – 1, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cardamom Powder – 3/4 tsp
Clove Powder – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 3 tsp
Plain Curd – 2 tblsp
Saffron Strands – 1 tsp, mixed with 3 tsp water
Oil – 3 to 4 tsp
Salt as per taste
Cumin Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped, to garnish
1. Soak the rajma for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Soak the rice for 30 minutes.
3. Pressure cook them separately and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame. Fry the cumin seeds for 20 seconds.
5. Add the tomatoes and saute for a minute.
6. Add the curd, red chilli powder, clove powder, gara masala powder, cardamom powder and the cooked rajma.
7. Mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add the cooked rice, saffron mixture, curd and stir well.
9. Cover the pan with a lid and reduce flame to low.
10. Cook for a minute and remove the lid.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve with raita.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !