A simple and delicious lunch box recipe, the Milagu Jeeragam Sadam (Pepper Cumin Rice) is a good way to use any leftover rice. Can be served as a light lunch/dinner or even as an evening tiffen.
Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Cooked Rice – 2 cups
Ghee – 1 1/4 tblsp
Urad Dal – 2 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 2 tsp
Cashew Nuts – handful
Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves, crushed (optional)
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Heat ghee in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the dals, curry leaves, cashew nuts and garlic for 30 seconds.
3. Add the cooked rice and sprinkle enough salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Add the cumin powder, pepper powder and stir once again.
6. Remove and serve at once with papads or appalams.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !