Carrot – 3, grated
Rice – 1 cup, cooked
Green Chillies – 3, finely chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, peeled, grated
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Fry the mustard seeds till it starts to splutter.
3. Add green chillies, onion and ginger.
4. Saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add carrot and salt.
6. Mix well and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes over low flame.
7. Add the cooked rice and stir to mix well.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot.
Tip: If desired, add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice towards the end and mix.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !