A traditional South Indian dish popular in villages and is best served with hot rice and 1 tsp ghee.
Ellu (Sesame Seeds) – 100 gms
Dry Red Chillies – 18 to 20
Garlic – 8 to 10 cloves
Tamarind – a small lemon sized ball, seedless
Curry Leaves – big handful
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a frying pan over medium flame.
2. Separately dry roast the sesame seeds, red chillies, curry leaves and garlic.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Combine all the ingredients in a mixer jar.
5. Sprinkle a little water and grind to a thick paste.
6. Serve with hot rice and ghee.