120gms urad dal (whole)
1 cup tomato puree
1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 cup cream
30 gms rajma
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
1. Wash the lentils in running water and soak overnight. Drain.
2. Put the drained lentils in a pot, add salt and water (approximately 1.5 litres), bring to a boil, cover and simmer, until the lentils are cooked and two-thirds of the liquid has evaporated.
3. Mash the lentils against the sides of the pot with a wooden spoon. Add ginger-garlic paste, tomato puree, chilli powder and two tablespoon butter.
4. Stir and cook for 45 minutes, add cream, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Remove into a bowl, garnish with the remaining butter.