Red Pumpkin – 400 gms
Green Raw Bananas – 2
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – 1 1/2 tsp
Besan Flour – 1 cup
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt to taste
1. Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds and cut into small pieces.
2. Cook on low heat in a non stick pan till soft and tender.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Boil the green bananas with the peel till tender.
5. Remove the peel and mash the banana pulp.
6. Add to the pumpkin pulp.
7. Place all this in a mixing bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
8. Divide the mixture into portions and shape each portion into round or rectangular shapes.
9. Deep fry the cutlets a few at a time in hot oil till golden brown and crispy.
10. Serve with chutney of your choice as a snack.