2 kgs tomatoes, skin and chop
250gms carrots, cut into cubes
250gms cauliflower, cut into cubes
250gms green peas
250gms french beans, cut into bits
250gms fresh ginger
12 red dry chillies
3 while pods garlic
125 gms mustard seeds
125gms cumin seeds
2 cups sugar
1 bottle mustard oil
3/4 bottle vinegar
salt to taste
1. Grind in vinegar the ginger, garlic, chillies, cumin seeds and mustard seeds
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the ground masala for a few minutes and then add the tomatoes and other vegetables.
3. Stir and mix well then add the salt, remaining vinegar and sugar.
4. Simmer on a low fire till the liquid dries and only the oil remains.
5. Remove from fire and cool thoroughly before bottling.
6. Keep for a day before use.