500gms (1/2kg) prawns
6 tbsp tomato puree
4 bombay onions
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp ghee
3 tbsp thick coconut milk
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 red chillies
1 tsp salt, oil for frying the prawns
1. Shell and de-vein prawns.
2. Chop onions finely.
3. Soak red chillies in a little water drain and grind with garlic to a paste.
4. Heat oil in a pan and fry all the prawn and keep it aside .
5. Saute onions in ghee.
6. Add garlic chilli paste, coriander powder, cumin powder and braise till dry.
7. Add tomato puree, salt and the fried prawns.
8. Mix well.
9. Cover the pan and cook for a few minutes.
10. Then add in the coconut milk.
11. Cook for a while and when the gravy is thick enough remove from fire.