A different variety of chutney with brinjals for idli, dosa or chapati.
Brinjals – 4, large ones or 7, medium ones
Green Chillies – 4 to 5
Sambar Onions (Shallots) – 20 to 22
Curry Leaves – handful
Coriander Leaves – large handful
Tamarind – little, seedless
Salt as per taste
1. Roast the brinjals over an open flame until the skin is charred.
2. Allow it to cool and remove the skin.
3. Grind the green chillies, onions, curry leaves, coriander leaves, salt and tamarind to a smooth paste.
4. Add the flesh of the brinjals and grind to a smooth (or a semi-coarse) chutney.
5. Remove and serve with idli or dosa.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !