Ingredients for Cucumber Chutney:
500g green cucumbers
1/2 cup tamarind juice
2 tsp red chillie sauce
A pinch of turmeric powder
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
For the seasoning:
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp urad dal (black gram dal)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
a few fenugreek seeds
a pinch of asafoetida
salt to taste
Method to make Cucumber Chutney:
1. Peel and grate the cucumber.
2. Mix the grated cucumber with the tamarind juice, chilli sauce, turmeric powder and the chopped coriander leaves with salt.
3. Heat oil and fry the seasoning ingredients and powder them.
4. Add to the cucumber mixture.
5. Mix the contents well before serving.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !