Ingredients for Tomato Avial:
Tomatoes: 1/4 kg
Green chillies: 8
Half a coconut
Oil – 1 tbsp
A few curry leaves
A pinch of turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Curd – 1 spoon
Bombay onion – 1
1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
fenugreek powder – 1/2tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Method to make Tomato Avial:
1. Clean the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
2. Scrape the coconut and grind it with the green chillies into a fine paste.
3. Add salt and turmeric powder to the cut tomatoes and boil.
4. Add a little oil to it and then add the sliced bombay onion and saute
5. Then add the asafoetida powder and fenugreek powder.
6. Mix the curd with the coconut paste and pour it into the tomatoes and boil.
7. If it is too thick add a little water.
8. Put a little oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
9. When it splutters pour the tomato aviyal and put the curry leaves.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Mix well and remove from fire.