Raw Rice – 2 cups
Urad Dal – 1 1/2 cups
Milk – 2 litres
Sugar – 500 gms
Cardamom Powder – 2 tsp
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
1. Wash and soak the rice and dal separately for 4 hours.
2. Drain and grind together to a smooth and thick paste.
3. Add salt and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan.
5. Make balls of the batter and fry till light golden brown.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Bring the milk to a boil over medium flame till thick.
8. Add sugar and cardamom powder.
9. Mix well.
10. Add the fried balls and simmer till they are tender.
11. Remove to a bowl and pour any left over milk on them.
12. Garnish with chopped almonds.
13. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !