Par boiled rice – 2 cups
Soya beans – 1/2 cup
Green gram dhal – 1/2 cup
Salt – 3 tsp
Thick sour curds – 1/2 cup
Grated carrot – 1/2 cup
Grated cabbage – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onion – 1/4 cup
Finely cut coriander leaves – 1 tblsp
Ginger and green chilli paste – 2 tsp
1. Wask and soak soya beans in water for 6 hours.
2. Soak the rice separately in water for 2 hours and green gram dal separately in 1/2 an hour.
3. Grind the soaked rice separately into rawa consistency.
4. Grind soaked soya until frothy and add soaked green gram dal to it and grind to smooth and frothy batter.
5. Mix rice and soya batter together. Add salt and ferment it for 3 hours.
6. After it is fermented add ginger, green chilli paste, onion, coriander leaves and finely cut vegetables. Spread the batter in a greased cooked (big plate) plate and steam cook for 30-40 minutes.
7. Cut the cooked idlies into big squares and serve hot.