125 gms moong dal
75 gms unsweetened khoya
100 gms sugar
25 gms each of almonds, cashewnuts and raisins
4 dry dates
1 tsp cardamom powder
few drops of essence of rose
1. Soak dry dates in water for 15 minutes. Drain out the water and chop finely.
2. Fry nuts and raisins and chop them.
3. Soak dal whole night in water.
4. Next morning drain out the water and grind coarsely.
5. Heat 4 tblsp ghee and fry the dal to a golden colour
6. Put in the khoya and keep on stirring till the khoya too turns golden.
7. Add sugar and continue stirring till the sugar is dissolved and absorbed by the halwa.
8. Mix in the nuts, essence and cardamom powder.
9. Remove from fire and serve hot or cold covered with foil.