1 large onion, chopped fine
a pinch of sugar
salt to taste
3 tbsp oil
a lemon-sized ball of tamarind
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsp chilly powder
1 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp mustard
2 sprigs curry leaves
1. Cut the drumsticks into 2 inch long pieces. Cook with salt and very little water till tender and all the water has evaporated. Do not overcook.
2. Obtain the tamarind extracts by adding 3 tbsp of boiling water, and squeezing the pulp. To this, add the flour, chilly and turmeric powders, sugar and salt to make a smooth paste. Coat the drumstick pieces with this paste.
3. Heat the oil, and add the mustard and curry leaves. When done add the chopped onions and fry until brown. Now add the drumstick pieces, and fry for a few minute more.
Drumstick Fry Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Drumstick Fry Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.