Potatoes – 400 gms
Mustard Oil – 2 tblsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
For the Paste:
Poppy Seeds – 50 gms
Ginger – 1 one inch piece
Garlic – 2 pods
Green Chillies – 2 to 3
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Wet grind all the ingredients for the paste.
3. Heat half the quantity of the mustard oil.
4. Add the potato cubes and cover with a lid and cook on low fire till the potatoes are half tender.
5. Mix in the paste and the spices and stir gently.
6. Add 1 tbsp of water and cover with the lid once again.
7. Cook on low fire till the potatoes are tender.
8. Add the remaining oil and stir gently and cook on low fire for another 1 minute.
9. Serve with plain rice.