Grind to paste
4 tbsp grated coconut
1 tbsp chopped mint
1 tbsp chopped coriander
2 green chillies
small piece of ginger (1/2 an inch)
1 medium onion
2 tsp khus khus
2 0.5 inch cinnamon sticks
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 bay leaves
2 slit green chillies
1. Cook the rice and allow it to cool on a plate, sprinkling some oil so that each grain is separate.
2. Grind the masala with very little water. Cut the bread into cubes (croutons)
3. Heat 2 tbsp of ghee. Fry the bread cubes until crisp and set aside.
4. Add 4 tbsp of ghee, mustard, bay leaves and then the chillies. Fry for a minute. Add the ground masala and salt, and stir on a slow fire until all the water evaporates. Add the boiled peas, fry, remove and cool.
5. Mix the masala with the rice very lightly using only the tips of your fingers, adding the lemon juice, half of the bread cubes and the chopped mint.
6. Transfer the rice on a serving plate and smoother the surface. Garnish with the rest of the bread cubes and chopped mint.