2/3 cup rahma
1/4 cup whole urad
2 1/2 tbsp chana dal
2 1/2 tbsp urad dal
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp oil
1 cup chopped onions
1 cup blanched peeled and chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp ginger julienne
1 tbsp green chillie julienne
a pinch of garam masala powder
3 tbsp butter
1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
A julienne (also called a “matchstick”) is a type of cut that makes a long thin
1. Pick and wash the dals and cook them together with salt until tender.
2. Heat the oil in another pan and fry the onions until golden brown.
3. Add the tomatoes and stir to make a smooth gravy.
4. Blend in the cooked dals, ginger and green chillies and cook for a few minutes.
5. Stir in the butter and garam masala. Taste and add more salt if required.
6. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.