3 tsp yeast
1 tbsp milk
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups refined flour (maida)
2 1/2 tbsp water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chopped garlic
1/4 cup tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1. Mix yeast with lukewarm milk, sugar and salt in a bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes until frothy.
2. Mix in the flour by hand or in a processor. Add water and knead to make a dough.
3. When the dough comes away from the edges of the bowl and looks well kneaded, place in a lightly greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Set aside to rise. It should take about 2 hours to double in size.
4. Divide the dough into small balls and roll into small rounds on a lightly floured surface.
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 180C until cooked but not golden.
6. Blanch tomatoes, peel and discard seeds. Chop tomato shells fine.
7. Heat olive oil in a pan and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
8. Add tomatoes and tomato puree and cook until thick.
9. Stir in basil, salt and pepper.
10. Spread the tomato sauce on the mizi pizza bases.
11. Sprinkle with cheese and grill until the cheese melts.