4 tbsp Oil
2 tsp chana dal
1 tsp split black gram (urad)
1 tsp mustard seeds
12 curry leaves
1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing) powder
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup sprouted moong
1 cup chopped coriander leaves
1 inch piece ginger, chopped
1 green chilli, chopped
1 tsp salt
2 cups semolina (rava/sooji)
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
1. Heat half the oil in a pan and fry the dals, mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida.
2. When the mustard seeds splutter, add the carrots and sprouted moong. Saute for 1 minute.
3. Mix in the coriander leaves, ginger, green chilli and salt.
4. Add 1 cup water and bring to boil.
5. Meanwhile heat the remaining oil in another pan and lightly fry the semolina.
6. Sprinkle the semolina into vegetables. Stir and keep on low heat until cooked and dry.
7. Stir in the lime juice and grated coconut.
8. Remove from heat and serve hot.