Coriander leves – 2 big bunches
Tomatoes – 8
Garlic – 12 flakes (peeled)
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Tamarind – goosebery size
Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
Red chillies – 10 or 12
Rock salt – 1 tbl sp
Oil – for frying
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
1. Wash and chop tomatoes into medium sized pieces.
2. Wash and chop coriander leaves.
3. Heat little oil, fry garlic, red chillies, tomatoes, coriander leaves till moisture is absorbed.
4. Add grated coconut at the end and fry for a minute.
5. Remove from fire and allow it to cool to room temperature.
6. Add ginger, salt to the fried mixture and grind to coarse paste.
7. Season mustard seeds in little oil and add to the chutney.
8. Serve with idli, dosa or chappathis.