Popular in Kerala, Karnataka and in parts of Tamil Nadu, this dosa is served as a breakfast dish with chutney and sambar. Since urad dal is not added, dosai will be very soft and fluffy.
- Coconut – 2 cups, grated
- Raw Rice – 200 gms
- Oil as required
- Salt as per taste
- Jeera – 1 tsp (optional)
- Soak the rice for 60 minutes.
- Drain well and grind to a smooth batter.
- Add salt, jeera and grated coconut.
- Mix well.
- Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
- Add oil around the edges and cook on both sides until light golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot with chutney and sambar.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !