Tomato juice – 2 1/2 cups
Sugar – 3 1/4 cups
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Salt – 1 tsp
Citric acid – 1 tsp
Sodium benzoate – 1/4 tsp
1. Select red, ripe and juicy tomatoes.
2. Cut into big pieces using stainless steel knife.
3. Discard green portions if any.
4. Crush with a wooden laddle and cook in a reduced flame for few minutes till tomato peels easily.
5. Cool down, blend in a mixie and strain well to remove seeds, skin etc.
6. Measure the juice.
7. Prepare sugar syrup by heating sugar, water, citric acid and salt, to boiling point.
8. Cool down, strain through muslin to remove dirt and mix with juice and preservative.
9. Fill in stereilized dry bottles.
10. This drink can be preserved for a month.
11. Dilute as mentioned in previous recipes and serve ice cold.
The outerskin of citrus fruits (orange, lemon etc) contain oil which has bitter taste. If proper methods ar not used to extract the juice, oil from the skin mixes with juice and it becomes bitter.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !