Lemon juice – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 1 3/4 cups
Barley powder – 3/4 tsp
Lemon essence – 1/2 tsp
KMS – a pinch
1. Cut lemon into two halves and extract juice.
2. Strain and add 2 teaspoons of sugar to that. Keep closed till required.
3. Mix barley powder with little cold water to form a paste.
4. Mix the above paste with the measured quantity of water and heat it in reduced flame stirring constantly till barley becomes transparent and clear.
5. Add sugar and cook till it is dissolved.
6. Add a few teaspoons of lemon juice to clarify the syrup.
7. Cool down and filter the syrup to room temperature.
8. Mix with lemon juice, essence, preservative and then fill in sterilized dry bottles.