A popular Chinese dish, this cucumber salad is simple to make and is often served as an appetizer to a meal.
Cucumbers – 500 gms
Chinese Rice Vinegar – 1 1/2 tblsp
Salt – 2 tsp
Sugar – 1 1/2 tblsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp (optional)
1. Wash and slice the cucumbers lengthwise.
2. Discard the seeds and cut them again into small pieces (as desired).
3. Transfer to a bowl.
4. Add salt and mix well.
5. Keep aside for 45 to 60 minutes.
6. Drain the water.
7. Add sugar and vinegar.
8. Mix well and keep it in the fridge.
9. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to a dish.
Note: If using red chilli flakes, add it just before ready to serve, toss once or twice and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !