Grape juice – 2 cups
Sugar – 4 cups
Water – 2 cups
Citric acid – 1 /12 tso
Sodium benzoate – 2 pinches
Tonovin – 1 1/2 cups (grape essence)
1. Select fresh, ripe juicy black variety grapes.
2. Separate the good ones alone from the bunch and wash thoroughly under running tap water.
3. Keep in a perforated bowl for sometime for the water to drain away.
4. Take it in a vessel and crush ir lightly using wooder masher.
5. Cook it in reduced flame in that liquid itself for few minutes.
6. Remove from fire, cool down and put in a mixie.
7. Strain through a sieve to remove seeds and skin.
8. Measure the juice.
9. Heat sugar, water and citric acid together to boiling point.
10. Filter the syrup and cool it.
11. Mix this syrup, juice, essence and preservative together.
12. Fill in sterilized dry bottles leaving 1 inch head space with air tight cork.
13. Dilute with three times ice cold water and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !