A traditional and popular Kerala breakfast dish. Easy to make, it is also a healthy way to start your day.
Whole Wheat – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tblsp
Coconut – 1/4 cup, grated
Cardamom Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the wheat and dry roast until golden.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Then grind to a fine powder.
5. Add cardamom powder, salt and sprinkle enough water.
6. Add coconut and mix well.
7. Add this to the puttu maker and squeeze to form cylindrical shapes.
8. Steam cook the prepared puttus.
9. Sprinkle sugar on top and serve.